Re: [Healeys] radiator caps

To: lawrence.swift@gmail.com, manifold@telus.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] radiator caps
From: Larry Wendland <bighealey3k@aim.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 00:07:09 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Years ago my cap leaked at the top part of the neck and it had a small dent on
the rolled lip where the metal seal under the top part of the cap mated to it.
This imperfection was from the factory. I fixed it by reshaping the rolled lip
the best I could seeing how it was a rolled edge and difficult to get under. It
still leaked a tiny bit so I made a flat rubber gasket like Lawrence Swift did
because I attached a recovery tank to the overflow hose and needed an air tight
seal so the fluid would be drawn back in to the radiator when it cooled down.
It's worked ever since.  Sorry about being long winded but wanted to get the
point across.

Larry
'67 BJ8