Re: [Healeys] clutch fork bushings

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] clutch fork bushings
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 22:11:54 -0700
"does the taper pin drift out from trans side or clutch side?"

Yes.

But seriously--did this a couple years ago and dammed if I ever figured
out for sure.  Both ends were peined over and I really couldn't tell
even though I studied it for hours.  My best guess is, because the
access hole is on the gearbox side, it was probably driven in from the
clutch side (so you could drive it out from the gearbox side).  But
don't quote me; IIRC I ended up drilling it out.

Bob

ps.  Bet David Nock knows ;)

pps.  I put a plastic plug in the access hole because, you know, dirt.