Re: [Healeys] Another ID Plate question

To: "'Bruce Peters'" <rv9aplane@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Another ID Plate question
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:20:18 -0500
Bruce, there is no official specific "cutoff" point from the rectangular plate
to the one with rounded ends, since this change is not identified in the parts
manual.  I have been documenting the shape of the plate for each car in the
BJ8 Registry for many years in an effort to narrow down the "point".  As best
as can be determined from the database at the moment, the point where the
rectangular plates consistently end and the rounded-end plate consistently
appears is chassis 40353.  The plate for chassis 40287 is rectangular.
German-spec cars had a different plate, since it had spaces below the VIN for
the vehicle front and rear axle and total weights.  Those plates continued to
be rectangular.

The data suggests that the plate for 38883 should be rectangular.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large