Re: [Healeys] Grease. What is best

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Warren <flyhihealey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Grease. What is best
From: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 21:25:55 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Warren,

If your grease gun has a spring inside it and a long rod/handle that you pull
out of the back when changing the cartridge- i.e. any conventional type, it is
because the spring slowly squeezes the oil out of the clay base over time.

Simple fix is to pull the handle/rod out of the back when not in use. Makes
storing the gun a bit of a pain with the rod sticking out but it means the
grease stays in good condition and the gun doesn't leak everywhere.

Andy.