[Healeys] 100 hood (bonnet) contour

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 hood (bonnet) contour
From: "S. Carr" <britfan1@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 10:25:04 -0500

--===============1198036143927868901==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0095_01D48BBB.9F2F9D30"

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D48BBB.9F2F9D30
        charset="UTF-8"

My 100 is now in a new shop (the man who had been working on it died).  =
The car has been apart since 2006, and some of the sheet metal might =
have been damaged over the years.

A straight edge laid crosswise on the hood, about midway, touches flat =
most of the way across, then the hood curves down toward the sides.  =
Should the hood be flat in the middle like this, or should it be =
slightly crowned in the center, and gradually fall away from there =
toward the sides? (There isn=E2=80=99t another 100 readily available for =
comparison).

TIA,
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA
------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D48BBB.9F2F9D30
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>My 100 is now in a new shop (the man who had been working on it=20
died).&nbsp; The car has been apart since 2006, and some of the sheet =
metal=20
might have been damaged over the years.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A straight edge laid crosswise on the hood, about midway, touches =
flat most=20
of the way across, then the hood curves down toward the sides.&nbsp; =
Should the=20
hood be flat in the middle like this, or should it be slightly crowned =
in the=20
center, and gradually fall away from there toward the sides? (There =
isn=E2=80=99t=20
another 100 readily available for comparison).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TIA,</DIV>
<DIV>Sarah Carr</DIV>
<DIV>BN1 in PA</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>