Re: [Healeys] Electric Fans

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Electric Fans
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 19:35:04 +0100

--------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11

The cutting in temp. can be set fairly high. There are thousands of
thermoswitches to choose from. Most have a M22 thread. Best is to have a
T-piece in the top hose or a M22 boss soldered in the top tank

In my car the cutting-in temp. is about 98°C. Cutting-out temp.is about
92°C. This with a 86°C thermostat and the thermoswitch in the top tank.
Normal green coolant, closed cooling system with expansion bottle and no
pressure. In the mountains I would use a 6psi radiator cap. So the
normal running temp is steady at slightly over 86°C. Idling, in dense
traffic or e.g. on steep hills the temp. will rise until the fan cuts in
at 98°C after which the temp. drops to 92°C. The higher the temp. the
better the cooling because of the delta T.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 16-12-2018 om 18:15 schreef R. Lindsay:
> I have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an adjustable
> controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida).  The car runs at about
> 90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter.  What would be a good
> temperature at which to set the controller?  I donâ??t want it running
> constantly but I donâ??t want it set so high that the temp will get away
> from me and not settle back down when the electric fan comes on.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Price Lindsay
> 67 BJ8

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11

  <head>
  </head>
      of thermoswitches to choose from. Most have a M22 thread. Best is
      to have a T-piece in the top hose or a M22 boss soldered in the
      top tank<br>
      temp.is about 92°C. This with a 86°C thermostat and the
      thermoswitch in the top tank. Normal green coolant, closed cooling
      system with expansion bottle and no pressure. In the mountains I
      would use a 6psi radiator cap. So the normal running temp is
      steady at slightly over 86°C. Idling, in dense traffic or e.g. on
      steep hills the temp. will rise until the fan cuts in at 98°C
      after which the temp. drops to 92°C. The higher the temp. the
      better the cooling because of the delta T.</p>
      Lindsay:<br>
      cite="mid:E8DC7B0C-E031-4CB5-870B-ACBAD9AE0AFF@gmail.com">
      I have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an
      adjustable controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida).  The
      car runs at about 90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter.
       What would be a good temperature at which to set the controller?
       I donâ??t want it running constantly but I donâ??t want it set so
      high that the temp will get away from me and not settle back down
      when the electric fan comes on.
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
            word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
            -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="">
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class=""><br
                class="Apple-interchange-newline">
              Price Lindsay</div>
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class="">67 BJ8</div>
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class=""><br class="">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"