Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Choke cable, coolant temperature sensor

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Choke cable, coolant temperature sensor
From: "Frank Magnusson" <fmags@cox.net> reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0 a=ghaoKe/rVHPOl5ZgEXW5Qg==:117 a=ghaoKe/rVHPOl5ZgEXW5Qg==:17 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=sp2D9erbc5kA:10 a=_6GpL_ENAAAA:8 a=azNTsvJ0tFQcMk6jAx0A:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=xupg4knwUDYA:10
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 09:19:54 -0600
Hi Tom,

IIRC, I used a flare nut wrench to get the temp sensor nut off at the block.
You'll round it off with a Crescent wrench most likely and then have bigger
problems.  It's been a long time since I replaced mine, but IIRC a ready
made flare nut wrench worked fine.

Frank

< I need to extract the temperature sensing bulb from the
block, and I need to split the choke cable at the block.

Is a cresent wrench sufficient to remove the temperature sensing bulb from
the block, or do I need a special tool to remove it?

- Tom>

---