[Healeys] Replacement window for factory roadster hardtop

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Replacement window for factory roadster hardtop
From: editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 19:00:40 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1143064_1402948237.1551985240904

Folks,
Motorsports history buffs might recall that Donald Healey had 5,000 removable
hardtops made for BN7 and BT7 roadsters in 1959 so that they could compete in
the GT class in European road rallies. About 20 years ago, as these hardtops
started to surface in the enthusiast market, Bill Bolton had a batch of
replacement plexiglass windows made so that people could refurbish their
hardtops for show, touring or racing. He had the windows made so that they
would fit the slightly larger opening of the BT7 top, but could be cut down by
about half an inch on the top so that they would fit the smaller opening of the
BN7.

When I ordered a replacement window for the hardtop I had acquired for my BN7,
I ordered a second one as well, and for the past 20 years that unopened box has
been sitting in my attic. I have no idea if there are more replacement windows
still available, but have decided that I really don't need to carry that box to
our new home, where there isn't any storage space above the garage -- or much
anywhere else for that matter.
If anyone is interested in having me ship them the window, still in the
original box, make me an offer.

ThanksGary Anderson

------=_Part_1143064_1402948237.1551985240904

had 5,000 removable hardtops made for BN7 and BT7 roadsters in 1959 so that
they could compete in the GT class in European road rallies. About 20 years
ago, as these hardtops started to surface in the enthusiast market, Bill Bolton
had a batch of replacement plexiglass windows made so that people could
refurbish their hardtops for show, touring or racing. He had the windows made
so that they would fit the slightly larger opening of the BT7 top, but could be
cut down by about half an inch on the top so that they would fit the smaller
opening of the BN7.<br>

acquired for my BN7, I ordered a second one as well, and for the past 20 years
that unopened box has been sitting in my attic. I have no idea if there are
more replacement windows still available, but have decided that I really don't
need to carry that box to our new home, where there isn't any storage space
above the garage -- or much anywhere else for that matter.</font></div>

still in the original box, make me an offer. <br>

------=_Part_1143064_1402948237.1551985240904--

--===============8570370877569557815==