Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Carpet Advice

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Carpet Advice
From: Healey <67healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:15:51 -0700

--000000000000e3f75305875c4b00

Thanks to the understanding listers who pointed out that the piece in
question is actually for the inside of the rear bulkhead. Also, that the
area under the seats / seat pans IS covered by carpet.

Which now brings me back full circle - does anyone have a "spare" piece of
rear floor black carpet I could buy?, or a pointer to somewhere North
America - preferably Canada where I could buy enough of the Karvel carpet
for the rear floor & under the seats?

I really don't want to fork out for an entire carpet kit from Moss, when I
already have all the rest of the pieces..

Thanks,

Neil

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:25 PM Healey <67healey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I'm finally getting around to installing what looks to be a very old
> version of the Moss Motors deluxe carpet kit (bound edges, heel mat,
> dipstick cover, etc.). I don't have any instructions, and I need
> clarification on the piece for the rear floor.
> 1) should it be cut "down the middle" where there is an existing dart
> already cut so that it extends properly to each side of the floor?
> 2) all the pictures I have seen (online) show it being fully carpeted
> underneath the seats. But, as you can see by my piece there is no such
> layout. The front of the carpet is evenly cut on both sides, so I doubt the
> PO hacked anything off. If I am missing some carpet - does anyone know of a
> US (preferably Canadian) place where I can get the correct Karvel carpet?
> (before folks start saying to just go to an upholstery shop - I have
> already gone down that route with zero success)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Neil

--000000000000e3f75305875c4b00

he piece in question is actually for the inside of the rear bulkhead. Also,=
 that the area under the seats / seat pans IS covered by carpet.<div><br></=
div><div>Which now brings me back full circle - does anyone have a &quot;sp=
are&quot; piece of rear floor black carpet I could buy?, or a pointer to so=
mewhere North America - preferably Canada where I could buy enough of the K=
uote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:25 PM=
 Healey &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:67healey@gmail.com";>67healey@gmail.com</a>&gt=
; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px=
 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div di=
to installing what looks to be a very old version of the Moss Motors deluxe=
 carpet kit (bound edges, heel mat, dipstick cover, etc.). I don&#39;t have=
 any instructions, and I need clarification on the piece for the rear floor=
.</div><div>1) should it be cut &quot;down the middle&quot; where there is =
an existing dart already cut so that it extends properly to each side of th=
e floor?</div><div>2) all the pictures I have seen (online) show it being f=

--===============7797872554501459876==