Re: [Healeys] BN2 Leaf Springs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Leaf Springs
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 08:45:32 -0700

--------------D725C01A92B858EC1A5A1FE6

I give up; who is 'BCC?'

Bob

On 4/30/2019 4:14 AM, Linwood Rose via Healeys wrote:
> Mike,
> I cannot speak to the Healey springs from BCC, but after being
> dissatisfied with new rear springs from SNG Barratt for my Jaguar MK2,
> I ordered a pair from BCC. They were exactly as the originals in both
> appearance, fit, and in ride height. I think you will be pleased with
> your purchase.
> Lin
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 29, 2019, at 9:21 PM, rrengineer.mike <rrengineer.mike@att.net
>
>> I just received the leaf spring set from BCC Parts in the UK.  There
>> are definitely differences.  The BCC springs are made in Sheffield.
>> The Moss leaf springs say made in England.  Made in India, assembled
>> in England?  In any case, the BCC springs are supposed to give the
>> correct ride height according to the salesman I talked to over the
>> phone. It may be true.  You can see in the picture the difference
>> with one end of bothered Moss and BCC side by side (Moss is in the
>> left).  You might sit up a bit higher in the rear with the Moss
>> springs.  It only cost $125 more for the BCC springs compared to
>> ordering directly from Moss.  As to whether they are better or not,
>> maybe someone can chime in if they were satisfied with the Moss springs.
>> Mike MacLean<20190429_175934.jpg>

--------------D725C01A92B858EC1A5A1FE6

  <head>
  </head>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:63DF6C47-CD8B-44D5-A1E7-AC294CBE9C8F@mac.com">
      Mike,
        being dissatisfied with new rear springs from SNG Barratt for my
        Jaguar MK2, I ordered a pair from BCC. They were exactly as the
        originals in both appearance, fit, and in ride height. I think
        you will be pleased with your purchase.</div>
          On Apr 29, 2019, at 9:21 PM, rrengineer.mike &lt;<a
            href="mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">rrengineer.mike@att.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
              charset=UTF-8">
                set from BCC Parts in the UK.  There are definitely
                differences.  The BCC springs are made in Sheffield.
                The Moss leaf springs say made in England.  Made in
                India, assembled in England?  In any case, the BCC
                springs are supposed to give the correct ride height
                according to the salesman I talked to over the phone.
                It may be true.  You can see in the picture the
                difference with one end of bothered Moss and BCC side by
                side (Moss is in the left).  You might sit up a bit
                higher in the rear with the Moss springs.  It only cost
                $125 more for the BCC springs compared to ordering
                directly from Moss.  As to whether they are better or
                not, maybe someone can chime in if they were satisfied
                with the Moss springs.</font></div>

--------------D725C01A92B858EC1A5A1FE6--

--===============7991722720891541928==