Re: [Healeys] Getting engine mounts in line.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Getting engine mounts in line.
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 12:02:14 +0200

--------------163613B4B98CCB6E36D290A0

Usually lifting the engine slightly (crane, be very wary using a jack
under the sump!!) will allow enough manoeuvring space to fit the
bolts/mounts/nuts with most cars/engines. You may have to use a tyre
lifter bar to ease the rubber mounts in place.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 31-5-2019 om 10:48 schreef simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com:

> Hi,
>
> I?ve been messing around with the front end of my 3000 so I?ve had to
> detach the engine mounts by removing the vertical bolts. Now that I?m
> trying to get the mounts reattached, I?m having a hell of a job to get
> the holes to line up. I?ve loosened off the bolts that attach the
> mounts to the engine, but there?s still about half an inch here, there
> and everywhere to contend with.
>
> Is there a knack to this job? I can see myself expending a lot of
> brute force and ignorance here?.
>
> Simon

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------163613B4B98CCB6E36D290A0

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      jack under the sump!!) will allow enough manoeuvring space to fit
      the bolts/mounts/nuts with most cars/engines. You may have to use
      a tyre lifter bar to ease the rubber mounts in place.</p>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com";>simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com</a>:<br>
      cite="mid:001b01d5178d$947dfd10$bd79f730$@alexarevel.plus.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          of my 3000 so I?ve had to detach the engine mounts by removing
          the vertical bolts. Now that I?m trying to get the mounts
          reattached, I?m having a hell of a job to get the holes to
          line up. I?ve loosened off the bolts that attach the mounts to
          the engine, but there?s still about half an inch here, there
          and everywhere to contend with.<o:p></o:p></p>
          myself expending a lot of brute force and ignorance
here?.<o:p></o:p></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>