Re: [Healeys] Tire tube valve stem and wheel rim issue?

To: "55healey@comcast.net" <55healey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire tube valve stem and wheel rim issue?
From: Tom Morrione <tjmorrio@colby.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 15:28:04 -0400
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--000000000000bb9966058b61c3de

Thanks Rob. Valve stem bushings -- I should have thought there would be
such an item. Will check them out re hole diameter, etc.

Tom

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 3:18 PM 55healey@comcast.net <55healey@comcast.net>
wrote:

> There are valve stem bushings available.
>
> https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90125
>
> Should solve the problem.
>
> Rob
>
> > On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Tom Morrione <tjmorrio@colby.edu> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW -- something to check that I hadn't thought needed checking.
> >
> > I had a slow leak in a new tire and found that the tube stem had been
> rubbed or cut through by the rim. This doesn't happen in normal use --right?
> >
> > Just wondering whether anyone else has had the edge of the hole on a new
> spoke wheel rim (from Moss) cut the valve stem on the tube? (I didn't
> install the tube and tire so maybe the installer pulled or wiggled it too
> hard?)
> >
> > I filed the hole so there's a bit of a chamfered edge to it now. Never
> had to do that with old  ones I've had (back into the 60s). I saw (can't
> recall where) someone sells little push in sleeves for the rim holes.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Tom
> > 65 and 67 BJ8s
> >
> > PS -- Congrats Ira. I'm sure they miss you already!

--000000000000bb9966058b61c3de

here would be such an item. Will check them out re hole diameter, etc.<div>=
r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 3:18 PM <a href=3D"mailto:5=
5healey@comcast.net">55healey@comcast.net</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:55heale=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;=
border-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex=
">There are valve stem bushings available.<br>
get=3D"_blank">https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90125</a><br>
Should solve the problem.<br>
Rob<br>
&gt; On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Tom Morrione &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tjmor=
rio@colby.edu" target=3D"_blank">tjmorrio@colby.edu</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; FWIW -- something to check that I hadn&#39;t thought needed checking.<=
br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I had a slow leak in a new tire and found that the tube stem had been =
rubbed or cut through by the rim. This doesn&#39;t happen in normal use --r=
ight?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Just wondering whether anyone else has had the edge of the hole on a n=
ew spoke wheel rim (from Moss) cut the valve stem on the tube? (I didn&#39;=
t install the tube and tire so maybe the installer pulled or wiggled it too=
 hard?) <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I filed the hole so there&#39;s a bit of a chamfered edge to it now. N=
ever had to do that with old=C2=A0 ones I&#39;ve had (back into the 60s). I=
 saw (can&#39;t recall where) someone sells little push in sleeves for the =
rim holes. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks in advance,<br>
&gt; Tom<br>
&gt; 65 and 67 BJ8s<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; PS -- Congrats Ira. I&#39;m sure they miss you already!<br>
&gt; <br>

--000000000000bb9966058b61c3de--

--===============6323762048990006872==