[Healeys] Dealers VS private sale-non-Healey

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Dealers VS private sale-non-Healey
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 09:48:00 -0400
Hi listers,

Just thought Iâ??d see if you had noticed the same phenomenon that I have.
In the old days, most people buying a second hand car would rather purchase
from an individual because we didnâ??t trust the dealers. That sentiment seems
to have flipped around so that the general public are very suspicious of
private sellers and would rather go with a dealer who may offer some kind of
limited guarantee.
My Dad has had to give up his licence and has asked me to help him sell his
car- a 2018 Toyota Yaris with 5,000 Klmsâ?¦.pretty damn low mileage, huh? Well,
so far Iâ??ve only received nuisance calls, absolutely no serious enquiries,
and compared to most ads for a similar car, itâ??s priced a little under the
trend.
The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I went to sell a Ford
Transit Connect privatelyâ?¦no joy, I still have the van- my wife wanted to
keep it anyway.

It seems that, classic cars excepted, the private sale is slowly becoming a
thing of the past.

Stephen, BJ8

PS- seeing as how Iâ??ve owned my Healey since 1975, I doubt Iâ??ll ever be
offering it up for sale.