Re: [Healeys] Emergency brake handle

To: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <YNOTINK@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Emergency brake handle
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 07:19:35 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000a994f7058fc3fbff

I have a isdue with my e- brake. The little bit that is supposed to rotste
and lock into the detents does not do so. No clicks as I pull up on the
handle. Is thos something I can address without removing the tunnel. Either
way, how is this fixed?

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 10:08 PM WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <YNOTINK@msn.com> wrote:

> To Mike McClean and others interested in this topic: I just installed my
> emergency brake handle after having it out of the car to install
> upholstery. I was having a lot of trouble because the cable seemed to be
> two short and I couldn't get it to line up with the index on the handle.
> Then I remembered something I read in one of the manuals long ago (ah yes,
> memories...)
>
> Setting the adjustment of the cable is dependent on the adjustment of the
> rear brake shoes. I removed the rear wheels and backed off the adjustment
> so that there was slack in the e-brake cable and at that point I was easily
> able to line up and install the brake handle. Once the handle  was
> installed I adjusted the rear brakes to spec and found the e=brake locks up
> on the sixth detent.
>
> If you need extra length in the cable you can probably obtain it by this
> method.
>
> Bill Lawrence
> BN1 #554
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--000000000000a994f7058fc3fbff

upposed to rotste and lock into the detents does not do so. No clicks as I =
pull up on the handle. Is thos something I can address without removing the=
 tunnel. Either way, how is this fixed?<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail=
_signature">Ira Erbs<br>Portland, OR<br>typos and artifacts are the fault o=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 10:08 PM WILLIAM B LAWRENCE &lt;<a hre=
quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc=
 solid;padding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
To Mike McClean and others interested in this topic: I just installed my em=
ergency brake handle after having it out of the car to install upholstery. =
I was having a lot of trouble because the cable seemed to be two short and =
I couldn&#39;t get it to line up with
 the index on the handle. Then I remembered something I read in one of the =
manuals long ago (ah yes, memories...)=C2=A0</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Setting the adjustment of the cable is dependent on the adjustment of the r=
ear brake shoes. I removed the rear wheels and backed off the adjustment so=
 that there was slack in the e-brake cable and at that point I was easily a=
ble to line up and install the brake
 handle. Once the handle =C2=A0was installed I adjusted the rear brakes to =
spec and found the e=3Dbrake locks up on the sixth detent.</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
If you need extra length in the cable you can probably obtain it by this me=
thod.</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Bill Lawrence</div>