[Healeys] BJ8 Carb Tuning

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Carb Tuning
From: "R. Lindsay" <050.rpl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 10:04:41 -0400
I am tuning my carbs after discovering one of the throttle stop screws fell out
(donâ??t know how or when but it was gone). I have installed a new screw and
spring. The â??systemâ?? Iâ??m referring to is the two screw assembly on the
left inner side of the carb closest to the linkage.  The â??screwâ?? is the
larger of the two.

When I tighten the screw all the way down, the shoe at the bottom of the carb
can be pulled up slightly. When I tighten the same screw on the other carb, the
shoe does not lift. It would seem logical that both would react the same way.

My questions are 1. Should they both be able to lift, should they both not lift
or is it correct that the front carb does not lift but the back one (with new
parts) does and 2. Once the first question is answered and I reassemble
everything, how far should they be screwed out from the stop to start
effectively tuning the car?

Once again, thanks for your help!

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8