Re: [Healeys] fuel gage sending unit

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel gage sending unit
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 18:48:10 +0200

--------------CBEB2636AAA2D22C84D3A954

As the old one was working OK re-fit it.

As always: If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 28-9-2019 om 18:30 schreef Ron Fine:
> Due to a leak around the fuel sending unit I needed to remove the unit
> and decided to replace it with a new one from Moss Motors.  The one I
> was removing was at least 12 years old but it did keep fairly accurate
> track of the fuel level.
> The new one seemed to work OK for a few hundred miles, but now it does
> not move off the full mark until the tank is more than 50% empty.  I
> have carefully checked all the wires and grounding connections and
> everything looks clean and tight.  The gage swings from empty to full
> when powered up so I doubt the gage is the problem.
> Any suggestions on what to look for now?  I have not removed the unit yet.
> Are there any ?better quality? sending units available on the market?
> Thanks,
> Ron Fine
> 61 BN7

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------CBEB2636AAA2D22C84D3A954

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      cite="mid:7FE7869FED9B46B9BD93D1707797B412@Inspiron660">
        charset=windows-1252">
          #000000">
            remove the unit and decided to replace it with a new one
            from Moss Motors.  The one I was removing was at least 12
            years old but it did keep fairly accurate track of the fuel
            level.</div>
            but now it does not move off the full mark until the tank is
            more than 50% empty.  I have carefully checked all the wires
            and grounding connections and everything looks clean and
            tight.  The gage swings from empty to full when powered up
            so I doubt the gage is the problem.</div>
            removed the unit yet.</div>
            the market?</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________