Re: [Healeys] knock

To: healeymanjim <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] knock
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 12:22:07 -0500
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--000000000000570cdc0597de847d

I would suggest doing the test ... hot oil and start after 10-20 minutes...
each time with a different plug wire off.
Might help in determining if one cylinder (pistin, big end etc.) is at
fault.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 11:41 AM healeymanjim, <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
wrote:

> before i tear my engine down i am going out one more time to see if anyone
> has ever encountered this condition before and
> the remedy.  after about 500 miles on rebuilt engine detected a knock near
> front of engine.  two conditions have to be met
> for this knock to occur.  engine oil must be hot and it must have set for
> 10-20 minutes.  will not knock on cold engine or
> upon immediate restart.  knock ceases immediatly when oil pressure builds
> have plastigaged rods and the two middle main
> bearings.  have checked all new lifters, pushrods and valve train.
> installed a new timing chain tensioner and damper.  oil
> pump about 5 years old.   have had piston slap and wrist pin suggested as
> culprit.  any ideas?
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000570cdc0597de847d

r 10-20 minutes... each time with a different plug wire off.<div dir=3D"aut=
o">Might help in determining if one cylinder (pistin, big end etc.) is at f=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Nov=
 21, 2019, 11:41 AM healeymanjim, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeymanjim@hansen=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">before i tear my engine down i am going out one more time to =
see if anyone has ever encountered this condition before and <br>
the remedy.=C2=A0 after about 500 miles on rebuilt engine detected a knock =
near front of engine.=C2=A0 two conditions have to be met <br>
for this knock to occur.=C2=A0 engine oil must be hot and it must have set =
for 10-20 minutes.=C2=A0 will not knock on cold engine or <br>
upon immediate restart.=C2=A0 knock ceases immediatly when oil pressure bui=
lds have plastigaged rods and the two middle main <br>
bearings.=C2=A0 have checked all new lifters, pushrods and valve train.=C2=
=A0 installed a new timing chain tensioner and damper.=C2=A0 oil <br>
pump about 5 years old.=C2=A0 =C2=A0have had piston slap and wrist pin sugg=
ested as culprit.=C2=A0 any ideas?<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=