Re: [Healeys] Oil Pumps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil Pumps
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 16:33:45 -0800
I'm gonna make a SWAG that racers routinely run at 6K RPM or more. I
rarely go over 3,500 RPM in my BJ8, with 3.54 diff, and the 100s are
known to break crankshafts if driven at 4K for long.   Either the gear
pumps run at reduced pressure at lower RPMs or the pulsed output of the
vane-type is causing the problems.

The DWM tech/sales people recommended the HC pump to me, and I asked
about their suitability; hence my questions about the company.  From
their glossy catalog:

"We recommend the high capacity for all road engines using a standard
type crank up to 6000 rpm and the standard pump for race engines, steel
cranks or anything over 6000 rpm."