Re: [Healeys] Choke cable

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Choke cable
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 23:36:03 -0800
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000123073059dcf362d

If lhd
I er ould get out of the car
Lift the hood
Msnually hold the chokes open while some one starts the car. Hold on intil
the car warms up.  I started my car this way after converting to hd8 carbs
before I could get the correct choke bits installed.

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
1959 Austin Healey BN4
1967 MGB

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, 1:45 PM Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Temps are the upper 60's today so I went to the garage to take the BJ8 out
> for a run.  I pulled the choke knob and the entire choke assembly came out
> of the dash.  I do mean the entire assembly, the knob as well as the cable
> sheath came out of the dash.  The sheath disconnected from the choke
> bracket on the fire wall.  So here I am, a beautiful day and no choke to
> start the car with!  I've never had this happen before.
>
> This situation is not one of the items on my to-do-list!  I don't need
> more stuff to do.  I tried looking under the dash to see the hole through
> the firewall but it appears that the hole is above and or behind the back
> of the heater.  I cannot see daylight through the firewall hole.  Does
> anyone have ideas or suggestions on how to put the choke assembly back
> through the dash and fire wall without removing the entire dash?  Do I have
> to actually remove the heater box to put the choke back in the car?
>
> Help!
>
> Fred
> 66BJ8
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--000000000000123073059dcf362d

hokes open while some one starts the car. Hold on intil the car warms up.=
=C2=A0 I started my car this way after converting to hd8 carbs before I cou=
ld get the correct choke bits installed.<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmai=
l_signature" dir=3D"auto">Ira Erbs<br>Portland,OR<br>1959 Austin Healey BN4=
r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, 1:45 PM Fred Wescoe &lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:fredwescoe@gmail.com";>fredwescoe@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></=
div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
 BJ8 out for a run.=C2=A0 I pulled the choke knob and the entire choke asse=
mbly came out of the dash.=C2=A0 I do mean the entire assembly, the knob as=
 well as the cable sheath came out of the dash.=C2=A0 The sheath disconnect=
ed=C2=A0from the choke bracket=C2=A0on the fire wall.=C2=A0 So here I am, a=
 beautiful day and no choke to start the car with!=C2=A0 I&#39;ve never had=
=A0one of the items on my to-do-list!=C2=A0 I don&#39;t need more stuff to =
do.=C2=A0 I tried looking under the dash to see the hole through the firewa=
ll but it appears that the hole is above and or behind the back of the heat=
er.=C2=A0 I cannot see daylight through the firewall hole.=C2=A0 Does anyon=
e have ideas or suggestions on how to put the choke assembly back through t=
he dash and fire wall without removing the entire dash?=C2=A0 Do I have to =
actually remove the heater box to put the choke back in the car?</div><div>=
iv></div>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=