[Healeys] Today's Rant

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Today's Rant
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:23:55 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_6720863_1598502941.1582392235513

I finally got to tighten up all the ball joints for the steering rods of my=
 BN2 yesterday.=C2=A0 The right side went fine.=C2=A0 The left side rod was=
 another matter.=C2=A0 I don't remember where I obtained the pair of side r=
ods, but they must have been designed by an idiot.=C2=A0 These side rods ha=
ve sealed ball joints and the nuts are the nylon insert type.=C2=A0 I was l=
ucky with the right side when it tightened up correctly.=C2=A0 For some rea=
son the left rod ball joints just spun with the nut and would not tighten.=
=C2=A0 After the threads turned with the nut a few times oil from the boots=
 started leaking.=C2=A0 This is a permanently sealed boot held in place wit=
h a crimped metal ring.=C2=A0 So, instead of just replacing the boot, I hav=
e to replace a brand new side rod.=C2=A0 To make this an even more perfect =
disaster, the side rods from our usual suppliers are a different configurat=
ion.=C2=A0 The boots are replaceable and the nuts are the castle type with =
a split pin.=C2=A0 Of course this means I have to replace them as a pair do=
ubling the cost.=C2=A0 Moss wants 80 bucks each.=C2=A0 Just love it when ne=
w parts turn out to be crap.=C2=A0 Rant over.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_6720863_1598502941.1582392235513

I finally got to tighten up all the ball joints for the steering rods of my=
 BN2 yesterday.&nbsp; The right side went fine.&nbsp; The left side rod was=
 another matter.&nbsp; I don't remember where I obtained the pair of side r=
ods, but they must have been designed by an idiot.&nbsp; These side rods ha=
ve sealed ball joints and the nuts are the nylon insert type.&nbsp; I was l=
ucky with the right side when it tightened up correctly.&nbsp; For some rea=
son the left rod ball joints just spun with the nut and would not tighten.&=
nbsp; After the threads turned with the nut a few times oil from the boots =
started leaking.&nbsp; This is a permanently sealed boot held in place with=
 a crimped metal ring.&nbsp; So, instead of just replacing the boot, I have=
 to replace a brand new side rod.&nbsp; To make this an even more perfect d=
isaster, the side rods from our usual suppliers are a different configurati=
on.&nbsp; The boots are replaceable and the nuts are the castle type with a=
 split pin.&nbsp; Of course this means I have to replace them as a pair dou=
bling the cost.&nbsp; Moss wants 80 bucks each.&nbsp; Just love it when new=
 parts turn out to be crap.&nbsp; Rant over.<div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementT=
racker_1582392149724">Mike MacLean<br><div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementTracker=
_1582391715702"><br><div id=3D"ymail_android_signature"><a id=3D"ymail_andr=
oid_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct=
&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3D=
ym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailS=
------=_Part_6720863_1598502941.1582392235513--

--===============3655439457466774164==