Re: [Healeys] 5 Way Fitting

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 5 Way Fitting
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 06:25:52 -0400
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000008acf4a05a6b2c1e3

I think this is what you are looking for.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Austin-Healey-100-BN1-3000-MKIII-BJ8-Brake-Union-5-Way-1B8926/303391648485?hash=item46a38d2ae5:g:yUkAAOSwyhVd6Rol

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 12:50 AM Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
wrote:

> I am getting to the point of installing brake lines on my BN2.  Going
> through parts I found the 5 way fitting that mounts in the lower right of
> the engine bay.  From what I can see from pictures on the internet, brake
> lines screw into 4 of the branches that should have seats in the bottom of
> the threads for a bubble flare in the tubing.  As you can see in the
> picture I orientated the 5 way to show you the horizontal branch that
> protrudes directly into the engine compartment has no seat at the bottom of
> the threads. It is just open to the inside of the switch.  The bottom
> branch with the switch is the same, no seat.   I am guessing I have the
> wrong 5 way fitting.  The Lucas pressure switch in the picture is a new old
> stock switch that I would prefer to use in place of a modern repro.  It is
> just loosely threaded in place.  I know how these switches can seem to
> "weld" themselves in place after a time.  Of course Moss does not sell the
> 5 way fitting by itself.  You must spend the extra cash ($44 plus tax and
> shipping) to buy a 5 way fitting with a pressure switch already installed.
> The switch is probably made in India/China.  Not desirable. Anyone have one
> of the correct 5 way fittings in a box or a drawer somewhere in your garage
> you might want to part with?  I know AH Spares sells them for $21, But
> after shipping the fitting alone will cost more than the Moss complete
> unit.  With the added bonus of waiting a month and a half to get it.
> Mike MacLean
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--0000000000008acf4a05a6b2c1e3

ns ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I think this is what you are looking for.=
serif;font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Austin-Healey-100=
-BN1-3000-MKIII-BJ8-Brake-Union-5-Way-1B8926/303391648485?hash=3Ditem46a38d=
2ae5:g:yUkAAOSwyhVd6Rol">https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Austin-Healey-100-BN1-3000=
-MKIII-BJ8-Brake-Union-5-Way-1B8926/303391648485?hash=3Ditem46a38d2ae5:g:yU=
kAAOSwyhVd6Rol</a></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:c=
omic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defa=
ult" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">M<br></=
tr">On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 12:50 AM Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-le=
ft:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-fam=
ily:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">I=
 am getting to the point of installing brake lines on my BN2.=C2=A0 Going t=
hrough parts I found the 5 way fitting that mounts in the lower right of th=
e engine bay.=C2=A0 From what I can see from pictures on the internet, brak=
e lines screw into 4 of the branches that should have seats in the bottom o=
f the threads for a bubble flare in the tubing.=C2=A0 As you can see in the=
 picture I orientated the 5 way to show you the horizontal branch that prot=
rudes directly into the engine compartment has no seat at the bottom of the=
 threads. It is just open to the inside of the switch.=C2=A0 The bottom bra=
nch with the switch is the same, no seat. =C2=A0 I am guessing I have the w=
rong 5 way fitting.=C2=A0 The Lucas pressure switch in the picture is a new=
 old stock switch that I would prefer to use in place of a modern repro.=C2=
=A0 It is just loosely threaded in place.=C2=A0 I know how these switches c=
an seem to &quot;weld&quot; themselves in place after a time.=C2=A0 Of cour=
se Moss does not sell the 5 way fitting by itself.=C2=A0 You must spend the=
 extra cash ($44 plus tax and shipping) to buy a 5 way fitting with a press=
ure switch already installed.=C2=A0 The switch is probably made in India/Ch=
ina.=C2=A0 Not desirable. Anyone have one of the correct 5 way fittings in =
a box or a drawer somewhere in your garage you might want to part with?=C2=
=A0 I know AH Spares sells them for $21, But after shipping the fitting alo=
ne will cost more than the Moss complete unit.=C2=A0 With the added bonus o=
f waiting a month and a half to get it.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean<=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=