Re: [Healeys] Drain tubes

To: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Drain tubes
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 19:00:22 -0400
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000005fc9e505a772588f

Hi Stephen,
If the carb float needle valves are not sealing completely when you turn
off, the pressure in the fuel line created by the fuel pump spring can send
a full pump charge trickling into one or both carbs. This is usually of
sufficient volume to overfill the float chamber and the fuel runs out of
the carb jet and eventually finds its way into the manifold and runs out
the manifold drain tube(s).
The vitron needle valves that used to be available really stopped that
problem but I'm not sure if they are still available.

On Sat., Jun. 6, 2020, 6:31 p.m. Stephen Hutchings, <s.hutchings@rogers.com=

wrote:

> I've owned my car for many years, but it seems that lately I=E2=80=99m ge=
tting
> more fuel dripping from the drain tubes after a run.
> It seems to drip for a long time before slowing down and stopping. Now,
> I=E2=80=99m not talking about big puddles of fuel, but I started to poke =
around
> because I could smell it and there is a small puddle in the pan under the
> car. Nothing leaking from the carbs at all.
> Anyone else noticed this?
>
> Stephen BJ8
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--0000000000005fc9e505a772588f

le valves are not sealing completely when you turn off, the pressure in the=
 fuel line created by the fuel pump spring can send a full pump charge tric=
kling into one or both carbs. This is usually of sufficient volume to overf=
ill the float chamber and the fuel runs out of the carb jet and eventually =
finds its way into the manifold and runs out the manifold drain tube(s).=C2=
=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">The vitron needle valves that used to be availab=
le really stopped that problem but I&#39;m not sure if they are still avail=
t., Jun. 6, 2020, 6:31 p.m. Stephen Hutchings, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:s.hutc=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex">I&#39;ve owned my car for many years, but it seems tha=
t lately I=E2=80=99m getting more fuel dripping from the drain tubes after =
a run.<br>
It seems to drip for a long time before slowing down and stopping. Now, I=
=E2=80=99m not talking about big puddles of fuel, but I started to poke aro=
und because I could smell it and there is a small puddle in the pan under t=
he car. Nothing leaking from the carbs at all.<br>
Anyone else noticed this?<br>
Stephen BJ8<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=