[Healeys] Tapping Fuel Pump TIps

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tapping Fuel Pump TIps
From: editorgary--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:55:25 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1246251_338677097.1592830525953

Thanks, everyone, for your collective wisdom on the fuel pump. Given that the
car restarted without issue after sitting in the parking lot of the winery for
two hours, and when I filled up the tank on the way back to the garage, with an
18 mpg indicated for the 75 mile run, I'm going to conclude that it was just
vapor lock from the 15 miles in traffic at 95 degrees during the middle of the
day.
Thanks for giving me an explanation that fitted the circumstances and made me
feel better about the day's experience. Now I'm looking forward to getting up
into the coastal mountains for more runs this summer. The car has been too many
recent summers without any good touring, while I lived in the increasingly
densely trafficked SF Bay Area. Really happy with all of this Covid stuff to be
up here in idyllic Oregon.
BestGary Anderson

------=_Part_1246251_338677097.1592830525953

pump. Given that the car restarted without issue after sitting in the parking
lot of the winery for two hours, and when I filled up the tank on the way back
to the garage, with an 18 mpg indicated for the 75 mile run, I'm going to
conclude that it was just vapor lock from the 15 miles in traffic at 95 degrees
during the middle of the day. <br>

circumstances and made me feel better about the day's experience. Now I'm
looking forward to getting up into the coastal mountains for more runs this
summer. The car has been too many recent summers without any good touring,
while I lived in the increasingly densely trafficked SF Bay Area. Really happy
with all of this Covid stuff to be up here in idyllic Oregon.</font></div>

------=_Part_1246251_338677097.1592830525953--

--===============3718207556015543126==