Re: [Healeys] AHCUSA Letter

To: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] AHCUSA Letter
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:18:53 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--------------07D32F444A3CC24267AB72EF

I did.

On 6/23/2020 10:38 PM, i erbs wrote:
> verify with sender in another email before opening. just because you
> are paranoid,  fies not mean they aren't out to get you
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020, 10:28 PM Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net
>
>     It (appears) legit; it's basically a 'state of the club' message,
>     with
>     some forward-looking thoughts. The MSWord version I have, a few years
>     old, opens in 'protected mode;' which, presumably, offers, some uh,
>     'protection.'
>
>     ps. We're not paranoid, Len, they really are out to get us.
>
>     bs
>
>     On 6/23/2020 9:02 PM, Len and/or Marge Hartnett wrote:
>     >
>     > Bob:  I would not touch that with a 20 foot Social Distancing pole.
>     >
>     > I do not know what computer access you use, but if I put my
>     cursor on
>     > that link, an address shows up on the lower left corner of my
>     computer
>     > screen. If it did not give any indication that it came from or is
>     > going to Dudley or the Austin Healey Club USA, I would say "SPAM or
>     > PHISHING".
>     >
>     > Best bet is to call him or, as you have done, seek a 'go around'
>     > method of finding out.  And change your e-mail password.
>     >
>     > Along the same lines, I received a suspicious e-mail. the other day
>     > similar to one I received several years ago.  The From address
>     looked
>     > correct, from someone we know, but I was suspicious.  I
>     telephoned him
>     > and he advised that his Contact List had been hacked and the
>     message
>     > had not been sent by him. If I had responded with a "Reply" as
>     > requested, the bad quy would have received my response, not my
>     friend.
>     >
>     > Be careful out there!
>     >
>     > (The Other) Len
>     > Fairfield, CA, USA
>     > 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Spidell"

  <head>
  </head>
    I did.<br>
cite="mid:CABXhz8-jjnswHnBnnX_eopQCf75Y8RVRxD_EHtqYdEctcCS4Wg@mail.gmail.com">
        opening. just because you are paranoid,  fies not mean they
        aren't out to get you </div>
          Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">It (appears)
          legit; it's basically a 'state of the club' message, with <br>
          some forward-looking thoughts. The MSWord version I have, a
          few years <br>
          old, opens in 'protected mode;' which, presumably, offers,
          some uh, <br>
          'protection.'<br>
          ps. We're not paranoid, Len, they really are out to get us.<br>
          bs<br>
          On 6/23/2020 9:02 PM, Len and/or Marge Hartnett wrote:<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; Bob:  I would not touch that with a 20 foot Social
          Distancing pole.<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; I do not know what computer access you use, but if I put
          my cursor on <br>
          &gt; that link, an address shows up on the lower left corner
          of my computer <br>
          &gt; screen. If it did not give any indication that it came
          from or is <br>
          &gt; going to Dudley or the Austin Healey Club USA, I would
          say "SPAM or <br>
          &gt; PHISHING".<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; Best bet is to call him or, as you have done, seek a 'go
          around' <br>
          &gt; method of finding out.  And change your e-mail password.<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; Along the same lines, I received a suspicious e-mail. the
          other day <br>
          &gt; similar to one I received several years ago.  The From
          address looked <br>
          &gt; correct, from someone we know, but I was suspicious.  I
          telephoned him <br>
          &gt; and he advised that his Contact List had been hacked and
          the message <br>
          &gt; had not been sent by him. If I had responded with a
          "Reply" as <br>
          &gt; requested, the bad quy would have received my response,
          not my friend.<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; Be careful out there!<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; (The Other) Len<br>
          &gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>
          &gt; 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Spidell" &lt;<a
            href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net"; target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>
          &gt; To: "Healeys" &lt;<a href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
          &gt; Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:36 PM<br>
          &gt; Subject: [Healeys] AHCUSA Letter<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt;<br>
          &gt;&gt; I got an email (apparently) from Dudley Haines with
          an MSWord <br>
          &gt;&gt; attachment. Anybody know if this is legit, or is it
          phishing/spam <br>
          &gt;&gt; (getting a lot lately, I must have created a dozen
          filters today alone).<br>
          &gt;&gt;<br>
          &gt;&gt; The message was:<br>
          &gt;&gt;<br>
          &gt;&gt; "Please open the attached file.<br>
          &gt;&gt;<br>
          &gt;&gt; Thank you,<br>
          &gt;&gt; Dudley Haines<br>
          &gt;&gt; Vice President<br>