[Healeys] 100 throttle linkage

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 throttle linkage
From: warthodson--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 21:47:38 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_197083_1533437442.1596318458828

I am beginning to mocking up the the throttle linkage on my '53 100 & I hav=
e some questions. I have two modifications that will impact your answers. I=
 have a Denis Welch exhaust header & & pair of HS6 carbs on DW intake manif=
olds. I would like to see photographs illustrating how the 90 degree bell c=
rank is mounted on the DW header & what you have done for the small center =
heat shield associated with the bell crank. I.E. Did you modify the origina=
l heat shield & if so how is it mounted or did you make a completely new he=
at shield? This the heat shield that is approx. 4"X 6".=C2=A0Also, what did=
 you do for a Carb. heat shield? Photos would be great!By the way, I am a l=
ittle disappointed by the DW exhaust manifold. The 4 bolt holds in the 2 in=
to 1 manifold do not line up with the bolt holes in the head. Some ovaling =
out will be required. Also, I have found a pin sized hole in the weld betwe=
en the mounting plate & the header pipe which would let exhaust gas leak ou=
t. I will have it welded closed. I am glad I found this during the mock up =
& not after final installation!Gary Hodson

------=_Part_197083_1533437442.1596318458828

to mocking up the the throttle linkage on my '53 100 &amp; I have some
questions. I have two modifications that will impact your answers. I have a
Denis Welch exhaust header &amp; &amp; pair of HS6 carbs on DW intake
manifolds. I would like to see photographs illustrating how the 90 degree bell
crank is mounted on the DW header &amp; what you have done for the small center
heat shield associated with the bell crank. I.E. Did you modify the original
heat shield &amp; if so how is it mounted or did you make a completely new heat
shield? This the heat shield that is approx. 4"X 6".&nbsp;

bolt holds in the 2 into 1 manifold do not line up with the bolt holes in the
head. Some ovaling out will be required. Also, I have found a pin sized hole in
the weld between the mounting plate &amp; the header pipe which would let
exhaust gas leak out. I will have it welded closed. I am glad I found this
during the mock up &amp; not after final installation!</div>

------=_Part_197083_1533437442.1596318458828--

--===============0408726907932801456==