Re: [Healeys] Early Jack Handle Sets

To: Perry Small <healeyguy@aol.com>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Early Jack Handle Sets
From: Charlie Baldwin via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 22:38:34 -0400

--------------D0B1C21CDF38D90EF7649E9F

Yes, he would probably be a vendor at Hershey, but not this year as it
is cancelled.  He is usually at Import Carlisle, postponed this year
from mid-May to August 14-16.

On 8/7/2020 10:07 PM, Perry Small wrote:
> I believe that Tom is the guy I bought some of the Jag Mk2 Tools years
> ago at Hershey meets.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 7, 2020, at 9:49 PM, Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Michael,
>>
>> There are people who specialize in British car tool kits or parts of
>> them who pick up items at various flea markets and are willing to
>> part with them if they are not part of a complete tool kit.
>>
>> One that I know of is Tom Buckus, 717-263-8701, tbuckus@innernet.net.
>> He is from Chambersburg, PA.  His business is called Jaguar Tools,
>> but his business card states: Specializing in Jaguar tool kits and
>> jacks, tool kits for MGs, Triumphs, Austin-Healey and other British
>> marques.
>>
>> I would suspect that there is some crossover between marques that
>> what you are looking for could also be the same as that used for
>> something else of the same time period.
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> On 8/7/2020 5:48 PM, Michael Salter via Healeys wrote:
>>> I should have added a picture of what the original jack handle set
>>> looks like.
>>> <image.png>
>>> The response from people offering to sell a set has been, shall we
>>> say, underwhelming.
>>> I guess I'm heading into it again ...
>>> At least now I have the necessary materials.

>>> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 6:36 AM Simon Lachlan via Healeys
>>>
>>>     I forget what theyâ??re supposed to look like as have never had
>>>     one. I have something similar which I â??borrowedâ?? from the army
>>>     many moons ago. I carry that plus a small scissors which will do
>>>     to raise the car enough to get the other jack in place.
>>>
>>>     However��..British eBay does show some hits for Shelley Jack
>>>     Handles. But, are they what you need??
>>>
>>>     Simon

  <head>
  </head>
      as it is cancelled.  He is usually at Import Carlisle, postponed
      this year from mid-May to August 14-16.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:C091DD16-373F-466D-820F-DE6DC33B50C3@aol.com">
      I believe that Tom is the guy I bought some of the Jag Mk2 Tools
      years ago at Hershey meets. <br>
          Baldwin <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:mgcharlie@comcast.net";>&lt;mgcharlie@comcast.net&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
            charset=UTF-8">
            parts of them who pick up items at various flea markets and
            are willing to part with them if they are not part of a
            complete tool kit.</p>
              class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
              href="mailto:tbuckus@innernet.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">tbuckus@innernet.net</a>.
            He is from Chambersburg, PA.  His business is called Jaguar
            Tools, but his business card states: Specializing in Jaguar
            tool kits and jacks, tool kits for MGs, Triumphs,
            Austin-Healey and other British marques.</p>
            marques that what you are looking for could also be the same
            as that used for something else of the same time period.</p>
            Salter via Healeys wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAB3i7LKmzMMSGZb8pmZ0EuO+i1LwTygieHUvorthODttyLckKQ@mail.gmail.com">
              charset=UTF-8">
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I should have added a
                picture of what the original jack handle set looks like.</div>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">
                  been, shall we say, underwhelming.</div>
                6:36 AM Simon Lachlan via Healeys &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                  moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
                0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                        supposed to look like as have never had one. I
                        have something similar which I â??borrowedâ?? from
                        the army many moons ago. I carry that plus a
                        small scissors which will do to raise the car
                        enough to get the other jack in place.</span></p>
                        does show some hits for Shelley Jack Handles.
                        But, are they what you need??</span></p>
                        currentcolor currentcolor;border-style:solid
                        none none;border-width:1pt medium
                        medium;padding:3pt 0cm 0cm">
lang="EN-US">From:</span></b><span
                            lang="EN-US"> Healeys &lt;<a
                              href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";
                              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                            <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert Begani via
                            Healeys<br>
                            <b>To:</b> 'Bob Spidell' &lt;<a
                              href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
                              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;;
                              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                            <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Early Jack
                            Handle Sets</span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US">Agreed, my Shelly Jack is in the
                        tool box in my garage for safe keeping. Never
                        did have a handle.</span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US"> </span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US">Many years ago in the 80â??s I bought
                        a small scissors jack from Sears in a  nice
                        plastic carrying case which fits nicely in
                        between the tire and the battery in my BJ8.
                        Lightly used, but, really works when you need
                        it.</span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US"> </span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US">Bob Begani</span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US">BJ8 67</span></p>
style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(31,73,125)"
                        lang="EN-US"> </span></p>
                        currentcolor currentcolor;border-style:solid
                        none none;border-width:1pt medium
                        medium;padding:3pt 0cm 0cm">
lang="EN-US">From:</span></b><span
                            lang="EN-US"> Healeys &lt;<a
                              href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";
                              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                            <b>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:28
                            PM<br>
                            <b>To:</b> <a
                              href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                            <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Early Jack
                            Handle Sets</span></p>
                        lang="EN-US">I'll add that you REALLY want a
                        geared scissor jack; I don't care what the
                        jack's rated for, they're almost useless to lift
                        a Healey (unless you're really a brute). I don't
                        know why--maybe because they cost a few more
                        bucks--but they're almost impossible to find
                        anymore (I bought one for each of my cars years
                        ago). Ex:<br>
                          target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KWLNNV4</a><br>
                        I have a similar one with an electric motor I
                        keep in my Mustang.<br>
                        ps. I'm guessing Michael wants a Shelley for
                        originality.</span></p>
                          8/6/2020 3:57 PM, Roland Wilhelmy via Healeys
                          wrote:</span></p>
                            don't really Want to use a shelly jack. It's
                            for originality and looks only. Get a small
                            scissors jack from a small car from the 90s
                            or similar. It might save your life.  </span></p>
lang="EN-US">-Roland</span></p>
                              Thu, Aug 6, 2020, 11:57 AM Michael MacLean
                              via Healeys &lt;<a
                                href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                                target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                              wrote:</span></p>
                          currentcolor currentcolor
                          rgb(204,204,204);border-style:none none none
                          solid;border-width:medium medium medium
                          1pt;padding:0cm 0cm 0cm 6pt;margin:5pt 0cm 5pt
                          4.8pt">

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Times
                                    New Roman&quot;,serif" lang="EN-US">I
                                    don't even have a jack.</span></p>

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Times
                                    New Roman&quot;,serif"
lang="EN-US"> </span></p>

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Times
                                    New Roman&quot;,serif" lang="EN-US">Mike
                                    M.</span></p>

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Times
                                    New Roman&quot;,serif"
lang="EN-US"> </span></p>
id="gmail-m_2378896665932205651m_-8767654821909214470yahoo_quoted_7105439806">
style="font-size:10pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                      lang="EN-US">On Thursday, August
                                      6, 2020, 10:52:24 AM PDT, Michael
                                      Salter &lt;<a
                                        href="mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com";
                                        target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">michaelsalter@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                                      wrote: </span></p>
style="font-size:10pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                      lang="EN-US"> </span></p>
style="font-size:10pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                      lang="EN-US"> </span></p>

id="gmail-m_2378896665932205651m_-8767654821909214470yiv9773814498">

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Comic
                                            Sans
                                            MS&quot;;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                            lang="EN-US">Before I again
                                            launch into the time
                                            consuming process of making
                                            a jack handle set for the
                                            Shelley jack on the 100 that
                                            I'm finishing up does anyone
                                            by chance have one that they
                                            are willing to sell?</span></p>

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Comic
                                            Sans
                                            MS&quot;;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                            lang="EN-US"> </span></p>

style="font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Comic
                                            Sans
                                            MS&quot;;color:rgb(38,40,42)"
                                            lang="EN-US">M</span></p>
style="font-size:10pt;font-family:&quot;Helvetica&quot;,sans-serif;color:rgb(38,40,42)"

lang="EN-US">_______________________________________________</span></p>
                Support Team.Net <a
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                  rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"