Re: [Healeys] Transmission / Overdrive or Clutch slippage

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission / Overdrive or Clutch slippage
From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 08:15:22 +0200

--------------FD90CC8ED7E744284578E495

Worn OD-clutch?

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 10-8-2020 om 04:42 schreef Rafael Abugattas via Healeys:

> Hi all,
>
> We are suffering what seems to be strange transmission / overdrive
> problem or clutch slippage.
>
> A few months ago, we finished restoring my 1962 Tricarb BT7. Before
> the restoration the  overdrive was operational.
>
> On initial test runs, the car run fine but the overdrive did not work.
> On further tests and suddenly, when disengaging the clutch on any
> gear, the car revved but didn´t move. No smell of burning clutch, just
> slippage
>
> The transmission and clutch were removed from the car. The clutch was
> redone, adjusted and tested.
>
> Problem momentarily solved but overdrive still nonoperational. After
> further tests the same slippage problem appeared again. Transmission
> and clutch were removed, revised and installed. The seals on the
> overdrive were changed but my mechanic preferred to temporarily
> disconnect it (electricity cut off).
>
> Problem solved?momentarily. Now when engaging second gear, the RPMs
> drop a little like if the overdrive activates even though is
> disconnected (this only happens in second gear). After driving a few
> miles we get the same slippage (the engine revs but car won´t move)
> only when engaging reverse. If the engine is turned off and then on,
> then reverse works.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rafael

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------FD90CC8ED7E744284578E495

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      Abugattas via Healeys:<br>
      cite="mid:040701d66ebf$f0077dc0$d0167940$@yahoo.es">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin-top:0cm;
        margin-right:0cm;
        margin-bottom:8.0pt;
        margin-left:0cm;
        line-height:106%;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EstiloCorreo17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          transmission / overdrive problem or clutch slippage.<o:p></o:p></p>
          1962 Tricarb BT7. Before the restoration the  overdrive was
          operational. <o:p></o:p></p>
          the overdrive did not work. On further tests and suddenly,
          when disengaging the clutch on any gear, the car revved but
          didn´t move. No smell of burning clutch, just slippage <o:p></o:p></p>
          from the car. The clutch was redone, adjusted and tested.
<o:p></o:p></p>
          still nonoperational. After further tests the same slippage
          problem appeared again. Transmission and clutch were removed,
          revised and installed. The seals on the overdrive were changed
          but my mechanic preferred to temporarily disconnect it
          (electricity cut off).<o:p></o:p></p>
          engaging second gear, the RPMs drop a little like if the
          overdrive activates even though is disconnected (this only
          happens in second gear). After driving a few miles we get the
          same slippage (the engine revs but car won´t move) only when
          engaging reverse. If the engine is turned off and then on,
          then reverse works.<o:p></o:p></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>