Re: [Healeys] Armstrong shock fluid level

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Armstrong shock fluid level
From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 17:35:33 -0700

--------------73F2767FF3977C074B25AFE1

I was told, I believe by Peter Caldwell, that they should be filled to
the seam between the shock body and the top cover. This makes sense,
since if the working parts--pistons, etc.--are submerged that is enough
fluid. Shocks can get warm, they need some head space for expansion.

I grabbed a bunch of skinny wooden coffee stirrers from an airport
kiosk; I use then as dip sticks to check the level.

On 8/30/2020 10:07 AM, warthodson--- via Healeys wrote:
> I know that the Armstrong shocks are not supposed to be filled to the
> top with oil, but I cannot find any reference on line to exactly how
> full they should be & how to measure the fluid level.
> Gary Hodson

--------------73F2767FF3977C074B25AFE1

  <head>
  </head>
    I was told, I believe by Peter Caldwell, that they should be filled
    to the seam between the shock body and the top cover. This makes
    sense, since if the working parts--pistons, etc.--are submerged that
    is enough fluid. Shocks can get warm, they need some head space for
    expansion.<br>
    I grabbed a bunch of skinny wooden coffee stirrers from an airport
    kiosk; I use then as dip sticks to check the level.<br>
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1748888199.388091.1598807236020@mail.yahoo.com">
        know that the Armstrong shocks are not supposed to be filled to
        the top with oil, but I cannot find any reference on line to
        exactly how full they should be &amp; how to measure the fluid

--===============5691006061271306102==