[Healeys] Severe electrical issue

To: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Severe electrical issue
From: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:31:25 -0400

--0000000000007ad17c05aefb744a

Listers,

First, thanks to all who responded to my electrical dilemma.  Many people
thought the fuse was the culprit.

I did finally resolve the issue, discovering several causes.

Using the wiring diagram, I started at the solenoid, all the way to the
fuse block and discovered a frayed wire with a corroded connector at the 35
amp fuse.  I corrected and cleaned that connection and when I turned the
key, the 35 amp fuse instantly blew, I obviously couldn't see it happen but
it blew.  Maybe it was blown and I didn't realize it.  The break in the
fuse link was at the very end of the fuse therefore hard to see.  I kept
checking circuits and eventually found a short circuited flasher unit.  I
had switched to LED lights throughout the car a couple of years ago and
used an electronic flasher from SuperBright bulbs.  I replaced that flasher
with an original Lucas flasher, inserted a new 35 amp fuse and
everything was back to normal.  Actually, I was surprised that the Lucas
flasher worked with the LEDs.

Once again, I am impressed with the wisdom and help offered and by the list.

By the way, I called SuperBright to order a new flasher and much to my
surprise, they are sending a free replacement, as long as I send the
original back to them.  I guess they want to discover the cause.  They do
have a 2 year guarantee (they told me about it) on all their electronic
items, no questions asked.  I was impressed and I don't own their stock.

Thanks for all the help,

Fred

66BJ8

--0000000000007ad17c05aefb744a

nded to my electrical dilemma.=C2=A0 Many people thought the fuse was the c=
ng diagram, I started at the solenoid, all the way to the fuse block and di=
scovered a frayed wire with a corroded connector at the 35 amp fuse.=C2=A0 =
I corrected=C2=A0and cleaned=C2=A0that connection and when I turned the key=
, the 35 amp fuse instantly blew, I obviously couldn&#39;t see it happen bu=
t it blew.=C2=A0 Maybe it was blown and I didn&#39;t realize it.=C2=A0 The=
=C2=A0break in the fuse link was at the=C2=A0very end of the fuse therefore=
 hard to see.=C2=A0 I kept checking circuits=C2=A0and eventually=C2=A0found=
 a short circuited flasher unit.=C2=A0 I had switched to LED lights through=
out the car a couple of years ago and used an electronic flasher from Super=
Bright bulbs.=C2=A0 I replaced that flasher with an original Lucas flasher,=
 inserted a new 35 amp fuse and everything=C2=A0was back to normal.=C2=A0 A=
ctually, I was surprised that the Lucas flasher worked with the LEDs.</div>=
perBright to order a new flasher and much to my surprise, they are sending =
a free replacement, as long as I send the original back to them.=C2=A0 I gu=
ess they want to discover the cause.=C2=A0 They do have a 2 year guarantee =

--===============3447681613729180821==