Re: [Healeys] BN2 ft. shroud questions

To: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 ft. shroud questions
From: Roland Wilhelmy via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 07:04:40 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--0000000000000592a905af1e4945

Four screws per bracket. No pop rivets there
-Roland

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 6:51 AM S and T Miller via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> The ft. shroud attaches to the front fenders via a flat bracket that is
> slightly adjustable by two bolts/nuts and attached to the top of the
> fender.  The fender bolt goes through the bracket, the shroud, and into the
> fender/ clip.  I have always thought the shroud was attached to that flat
> bracket by a pop rivet, but when looking at another shroud I see a machine
> screw/ nut where the nut is on the inside toward the engine compartment
> (appears original).  Was it originally attached with a machine screw/ nut?
>
> I have found several missing holes on my front shroud (BN2). Examples: No
> holes for bonnet rubber pads. No drain holes (2) at the front of the bonnet
> opening drain channel.  No holes for the above question.  I'm kinda
> thinking maybe it was a replacement shroud early on?  Anyone run into this?
>
> Thanks all.  Shawn
>
> The Millers
>
> "Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
> drive."
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/sentenac.rw@gmail.com

--0000000000000592a905af1e4945

r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 6:51 AM S and T Miller via He=
aleys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
The ft. shroud attaches to the front fenders via a flat bracket that is sli=
ghtly adjustable by two bolts/nuts and attached to the top of the fender.=
=C2=A0 The fender bolt goes through the bracket, the shroud, and into the f=
ender/ clip.=C2=A0 I have always thought the
 shroud was attached to that flat bracket by a pop rivet, but when looking =
at another shroud I see a machine screw/ nut where the nut is on the inside=
 toward the engine compartment (appears original).=C2=A0 Was it originally =
attached with a machine screw/ nut?</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
I have found several missing holes on my front shroud (BN2). Examples: No h=
oles for bonnet rubber pads. No drain holes (2) at the front of the bonnet =
opening drain channel.=C2=A0 No holes for the above question.=C2=A0 I&#39;m=
 kinda thinking maybe it was a replacement shroud
 early on?=C2=A0 Anyone run into this?</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Thanks all.=C2=A0 Shawn</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
=C2=A0<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>

rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=