Re: [Healeys] Heater valve

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heater valve
From: "m.g.sharp--- via Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:46:45 -0400
Thread-index: AQJosV3Nk/qoBv11jdxHjWnqCytwXAEaygsIAcgfaOEB9t8fUKgxqKyA a=HLMv78Th+AFMq++pjnPehg==:17 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=reM5J-MqmosA:10 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=k_m-kdumAAAA:8 a=cZWknmS2cY2eyVneThcA:9 a=2Ib3sb6CniiYOE3E:21 a=tSdd7PASFcGQw9GE:21 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=2aFmp3DG3lfw9CblUY6y:22 pPskIrsZP1CZERUvVM95Zc7BLji08dyfR7Ax4UWLxJFV/CkIbd1/bWEvBCgi9JuTYoVQyD65688BiA==
Just a thought, but I suggest that opening up various constrictions in the
system to flow more water through the heater will not necessarily result in
more heat.  The hot water from the block needs some resident time in the heater
core to transfer heat out to the fins and into the box before it is blown into
the car (well sort-of blown assuming other fans work like mine).  I have no
idea how to calculate the optimum flow through the heater core to obtain
maximum heat transfer, or if it was ever published.

Hope I am not totally off-base with this as I have no evidence, and apologies
for my earlier quip about parkas - I live in Canada and winter is looming.

Cheers, Mirek