[Healeys] Gerry Coker's Creations

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Gerry Coker's Creations
From: editorgary--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:03:42 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3456847_1848043229.1605535422483

My wife Genie and I were saddened to hear last night of Gerry Coker's passing.
Gerry and his wife Marion were guests in our home several times while I was
president of the Austin-Healey Club Pacific Centre and we have stayed in touch
through Christmas cards and occasional visits ever since. Gerry was the most
delightful person to meet, as thousands of Healey enthusiasts who met him over
the years knows.
In 2002, the last time Gerry was in my home, he gave me a print of his original
plane view of the Healey Hundred that he had tinted and signed, and he signed
my Donald Healey print of the Austin-Healey BN7 with hard-top, a perfect image
of the car I have in my garage to this day.Gerry was one of the most innovative
designers imaginable, and I will always remember the chats we had together
about those days in 1952 when, as a new automobile designer just getting his
start, Donald had asked him to sketch out his ideas for a new sports car, and
from them engineered and built the revolutionary Healey 100.I've posted the
pictures on my wall on my Facebook page.
Rest in peace, Gerry

Gary Anderson

------=_Part_3456847_1848043229.1605535422483

Gerry Coker's passing. Gerry and his wife Marion were guests in our home
several times while I was president of the Austin-Healey Club Pacific Centre
and we have stayed in touch through Christmas cards and occasional visits ever
since. Gerry was the most delightful person to meet, as thousands of Healey
enthusiasts who met him over the years knows. <br>

print of his original plane view of the Healey Hundred that he had tinted and
signed, and he signed my Donald Healey print of the Austin-Healey BN7 with
hard-top, a perfect image of the car I have in my garage to this
day.</font></div>

and I will always remember the chats we had together about those days in 1952
when, as a new automobile designer just getting his start, Donald had asked him
to sketch out his ideas for a new sports car, and from them engineered and
built the revolutionary Healey 100.</font></div>

------=_Part_3456847_1848043229.1605535422483--

--===============1341792961505395124==