Re: [Healeys] Replacing Heater Valve on BJ8

To: John Spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacing Heater Valve on BJ8
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:12:10 -0500
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
I have to do this job and Iâ??ve been putting it off because I only drive the
car in the summer- AND itâ??s a pain of a job!
But I found turning the valve at the block off was not enough to stop the leak.
The coolant still creeped up the line and dripped out of the heater valve. You
have to bypass the heater entirely, pretty easy, or do the valve replacement.

I think that taking the gearbox cover out would give you a little extra room,
but I couldnâ??t do it with the heater in place.
There are two slot screws holding it to the top of the heater box, and I just
couldnâ??t get a clear shot at them and administer the required torque.
So, one day Iâ??ll drop the heater itself. Hats off to you if you can do it in
place! I think Mike Salter said he was able to do this- with a customer
watching.

Stephen, BJ8