Re: [Healeys] Timing Chain Tensioners

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Timing Chain Tensioners
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:22:09 -0800
I can't answer your question definitively, but can say--in
hindsight--that I wish I'd installed DWM's upgraded tensioner on my
BJ8's last overhaul. Expensive (relatively), sure, but failure of this
part would be near-catastrophic, and I've heard anecdotally that
aftermarket versions have failed (and I have an inherent distrust of any
aftermarket part with rubber). How much is (relative) peace of mind worth?

I installed DWM's flexible oil pump pipe in my BN2 on DWM's 'advice' and
I'm glad I did. I know of at least one failure of the original, metal
pipe (from someone on this list).