Re: [Healeys] 30 years. 3 decades

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 30 years. 3 decades
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:34:09 -0700

--------------334DBD3F08AD9A04A0B53D6D

I have nothing to add to all the good words, so I sent money instead.

bd

On 4/11/2021 11:06 AM, Richard Collins via Healeys wrote:
> Mark,
> Multiple kudos for your efforts all these years. While I have multiple
> brands in my garage, this is the only site I see everyday and
> consistently use it and the archives to keep my BN7 on the road
>

> Regards,
> Richard C
>

>> On Apr 11, 2021, at 11:19, E.A. Driver via Healeys
>> <healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Good morning Mark
>>
>> Effort very well done! Although the flow of posts to the Healey list
>> has decline somewhat it still is enjoyable to receive those that
>> arrive. Big thanks for this service to Healey owners.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> E.A. Driver
>> Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
>>

>> On 11/04/2021 7:00 a.m., Mark J Bradakis via Healeys wrote:
>>> On this day 30 years ago Team.Net came into being.  The British-cars
>>> mailing list was already going strong, an offshoot from rec.autos
>>> Usenet group.  Dale Cook, Jim Muller, then me. Team.net went from 2
>>> lists at the beginning, autox and british-cars, and exploded into
>>> nearly 70 different lists with something like 15,000 individuals
>>> subscribed at its peak.  For a while it was pretty much the only
>>> game in town.  As I recall, when I attended the SCCA Solo II
>>> Nationals 25th Anniversary event, something like 2/3rds of the
>>> 1,000+ entrants were on the autox list.
>>>
>>> And it amazes me that with such a scatterbrained procrastinator like
>>> me behind the curtain it is still on the air. It is a lot quieter
>>> these days, much better software handle many of the janitorial tasks
>>> automatically.  Back in the beginning, I had to do *everything* by
>>> hand, so to speak. Subscribes, unsubscribes, errors, I was spending
>>> 10, 15, 20 hours a week maintaining the server.  The first server
>>> had a 100 MHz processor.  Things have changed.  Back then just
>>> having a fast network connection at a residence was rare and
>>> expensive.  Good old DSL.  I remember that time when my service
>>> provider went belly up, and team net was off the air for 11 days
>>> straight.  I don't miss those days at all.
>>>
>>> Anyway, happy birthday to those of you still here.  I hope I can
>>> continue to provide a useful service for years to come.
>>>
>>> mjb.

>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell@comcast.net

--------------334DBD3F08AD9A04A0B53D6D

  <head>
  </head>
    I have nothing to add to all the good words, so I sent money
    instead.<br>
    bd<br>
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
cite="mid:BN7PR08MB42763D14730177BB1454CD8ABF719@BN7PR08MB4276.namprd08.prod.outlook.com">
      Mark,
        multiple brands in my garage, this is the only site I see
        everyday and consistently use it and the archives to keep my BN7
        on the road <br>
              Driver via Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>&lt;healeys@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
wrote:<br>
              Effort very well done! Although the flow of posts to the
              Healey list has decline somewhat it still is enjoyable to
              receive those that arrive. Big thanks for this service to
              Healey owners.<br>
              Ed<br>
              E.A. Driver<br>
              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan<br>
                J Bradakis via Healeys wrote:<br>
                cite="mid:047c45ca-bf53-3d12-94b7-1630d90cbf3d@bradakis.com">
                On this day 30 years ago Team.Net came into being.  The
                British-cars mailing list was already going strong, an
                offshoot from rec.autos Usenet group.  Dale Cook, Jim
                Muller, then me. Team.net went from 2 lists at the
                beginning, autox and british-cars, and exploded into
                nearly 70 different lists with something like 15,000
                individuals subscribed at its peak.  For a while it was
                pretty much the only game in town.  As I recall, when I
                attended the SCCA Solo II Nationals 25th Anniversary
                event, something like 2/3rds of the 1,000+ entrants were
                on the autox list. <br>
                And it amazes me that with such a scatterbrained
                procrastinator like me behind the curtain it is still on
                the air. It is a lot quieter these days, much better
                software handle many of the janitorial tasks
                automatically.  Back in the beginning, I had to do
                *everything* by hand, so to speak. Subscribes,
                unsubscribes, errors, I was spending 10, 15, 20 hours a
                week maintaining the server.  The first server had a 100
                MHz processor.  Things have changed.  Back then just
                having a fast network connection at a residence was rare
                and expensive.  Good old DSL.  I remember that time when
                my service provider went belly up, and team net was off
                the air for 11 days straight.  I don't miss those days
                at all.
                Anyway, happy birthday to those of you still here.  I
                hope I can continue to provide a useful service for
                years to come.
                mjb. <br>
                <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________