Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 14, Issue 134

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 14, Issue 134
From: Paul Leeks via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 16:40:42 +0100

--00000000000022a08f05bfc858d7

Thanks for everything, Mark

I've been on this list for 22 of those 30 years and it has provided this
novice with an invaluable source of info; saving me a lot of time,
heartache and money!

Here's to the next 30 :-)

Paul Leeks
100/6 BN4

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 07:00:05 -0600
> From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
> To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [Healeys] 30 years. 3 decades
>
> On this day 30 years ago Team.Net came into being.? The British-cars
> mailing list was already going strong, an offshoot from rec.autos Usenet
> group.? Dale Cook, Jim Muller, then me. Team.net went from 2 lists at
> the beginning, autox and british-cars, and exploded into nearly 70
> different lists with something like 15,000 individuals subscribed at its
> peak.? For a while it was pretty much the only game in town.? As I
> recall, when I attended the SCCA Solo II Nationals 25th Anniversary
> event, something like 2/3rds of the 1,000+ entrants were on the autox list.
>
> And it amazes me that with such a scatterbrained procrastinator like me
> behind the curtain it is still on the air. It is a lot quieter these
> days, much better software handle many of the janitorial tasks
> automatically.? Back in the beginning, I had to do *everything* by hand,
> so to speak. Subscribes, unsubscribes, errors, I was spending 10, 15, 20
> hours a week maintaining the server.? The first server had a 100 MHz
> processor.? Things have changed.? Back then just having a fast network
> connection at a residence was rare and expensive.? Good old DSL.? I
> remember that time when my service provider went belly up, and team net
> was off the air for 11 days straight.? I don't miss those days at all.
>
> Anyway, happy birthday to those of you still here.? I hope I can
> continue to provide a useful service for years to come.
>
> mjb.

--00000000000022a08f05bfc858d7

ose 30 years and it has provided this novice with an invaluable source of i=
nfo; saving me a lot of time, heartache and money!</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><b=
=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px =
0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Date: Su=
n, 11 Apr 2021 07:00:05 -0600<br>
From: Mark J Bradakis &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mark@bradakis.com"; target=3D"_b=
lank">mark@bradakis.com</a>&gt;<br>
To: &quot;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">heale=
ys@autox.team.net</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; t=
arget=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: [Healeys] 30 years. 3 decades<br>
akis.com" target=3D"_blank">047c45ca-bf53-3d12-94b7-1630d90cbf3d@bradakis.c=
om</a>&gt;<br>
d&quot;<br>
On this day 30 years ago Team.Net came into being.? The British-cars <br>
mailing list was already going strong, an offshoot from rec.autos Usenet <b=
r>
group.? Dale Cook, Jim Muller, then me. Team.net went from 2 lists at <br>
the beginning, autox and british-cars, and exploded into nearly 70 <br>
different lists with something like 15,000 individuals subscribed at its <b=
r>
peak.? For a while it was pretty much the only game in town.? As I <br>
recall, when I attended the SCCA Solo II Nationals 25th Anniversary <br>
event, something like 2/3rds of the 1,000+ entrants were on the autox list.=
And it amazes me that with such a scatterbrained procrastinator like me <br=

behind the curtain it is still on the air. It is a lot quieter these <br>
days, much better software handle many of the janitorial tasks <br>
automatically.? Back in the beginning, I had to do *everything* by hand, <b=
r>
so to speak. Subscribes, unsubscribes, errors, I was spending 10, 15, 20 <b=
r>
hours a week maintaining the server.? The first server had a 100 MHz <br>
processor.? Things have changed.? Back then just having a fast network <br>
connection at a residence was rare and expensive.? Good old DSL.? I <br>
remember that time when my service provider went belly up, and team net <br=

was off the air for 11 days straight.? I don&#39;t miss those days at all.<=
br>
Anyway, happy birthday to those of you still here.? I hope I can <br>
continue to provide a useful service for years to come.<br>
mjb.<br><br>

--00000000000022a08f05bfc858d7--

--===============0415099315272755208==