[Healeys] To fit or not to fit

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] To fit or not to fit
From: Deejay2650 <deejay2650@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 09:38:46 +1000

--000000000000e6d9b905c01f7b18

Hi Mirek, and Listers,
Just to put your mind at ease, I had to replace the pistons in my '67 BJ8
after a piston failure in the N0.1 cylinder. Because of transverse cracks
appearing in other pistons, After suitable preparation, I decided to
replace the lot with +0.030" *Nural *pistons (Part No.PAU291211030N) which
had the 3 compression rings and oil control ring above the wrist pin and
one oil control lower on the skirt, below the gudgeon pin.I was told that
the lower control ring was there to contain the oil for extra lubrication
and cooling of the gudgeon.
Mirek, I don't know how true that is but I have done over 10,000 miles
since fitting, the engine runs smoothly....compression is great, I am a
happy chappy!!
Kind regards from Down Under
Darryl
'67 BJ8L41258

--000000000000e6d9b905c01f7b18

 mind at ease, I had to replace the pistons in my &#39;67 BJ8 after a pisto=
n failure in the N0.1 cylinder. Because of transverse cracks appearing in o=
ther pistons, After suitable preparation, I decided to replace the lot with=
 +0.030&quot; <b>Nural </b>pistons (Part No.PAU291211030N) which had the 3 =
compression rings and oil control ring above=20
the wrist pin and one oil control lower on=20

--===============0663659050013594560==