[Healeys] o/d

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] o/d
From: "healeymanjim" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 19:52:37 -0700
for a few months i have been struggling with an overdrive that fails to engage
with the solenoid (new one) but will engage if
i push on the right side setting  lever.  made many different adjustments and
none worked.  solenoid will instantly lift the
left side adjusting arm as long as there is no oil pressure.  it will not lift
the adjustment arm more than a few millimeters
when car is moving.  we had removed the solenoid bracket and replaced a gasket.
 not sure what could have happened but
trans and o/d are now separated on my workbench and i can see nothing wrong
anywhere.  checked and reseated ball on
oil pump and found no grit or dirt.  small accumulator piston moves up and down
inside housing assembly.  there were no
problems with overdrive until gasket change.   any help appreciated.