Re: [Healeys] Which Brake Fluid?

To: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>, Michael MacLean via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Which Brake Fluid?
From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 23:44:24 +0200 (CEST)

------=_Part_312387_532441612.1627076664915

Sorry, did not read the question properly.

In a new system you have the choice obviously.

I would go for DOT4, which absorbs water, and change that every two years. That
will get rid of any moisture getting into your system before it can do any
harm. It also forces you to check the system when you replace the fluid. It is
cheap and available anywhere.

The problem with silicon brake fluid is that it does not absorb water. Water
will always enter the system because of condensation in the brake fluid
reservoir. This moisture can than settle in the lower parts of the system and
cause havoc unnoticed until it leaks.

Kees Oudesluijs

------=_Part_312387_532441612.1627076664915

<!DOCTYPE html>