Re: [Healeys] [OT-No Healey Content] At the edge of Santa Barbara County

To: rct2bnc@aol.com, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [OT-No Healey Content] At the edge of Santa Barbara County, Cuyama is Central California's cowboy valley of enchantment
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 21:04:22 -0700

--------------98ACB5243F67C4AC43B2DB13

I'll do that! I'm surprised I didn't see that road before, but we
usually took 166->33 on the way to SoCal (and Angeles Crest Hwy).

That whole area is significant to me, I put a crippled Cherokee 180 down
at the base of Frazier Mountain, in a state park. One of the rangers was
an A&P and we towed the plane to Quail Lake and hung the overhauled
engine on it.   I got buzzed by a couple Intruders during the break-in
flight (that area is next to an MOA-Military Operations Area).

Bob

On 8/1/2021 8:43 PM, rct2bnc@aol.com wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Next time you get to the junction of Rt 33 and Rt 166 go right go 6
> miles and head back south on Hudson Ranch Rd through Pine Mountain
> Club and Frazer Park...winding, twisty, hairpins, etc. Just watch out
> for any fallen rocks that can shred a tire (or 2)...don't ask me how I
> know. This route drops you at I-5 at Lebec at the top of the
> Grapevine. One hell of a ride.
>
> Ben Cohen
> BN1, BN7, BJ8

  <head>
  </head>
    I'll do that! I'm surprised I didn't see that road before, but we
    usually took 166-&gt;33 on the way to SoCal (and Angeles Crest Hwy).<br>
    That whole area is significant to me, I put a crippled Cherokee 180
    down at the base of Frazier Mountain, in a state park. One of the
    rangers was an A&amp;P and we towed the plane to Quail Lake and hung
    the overhauled engine on it.   I got buzzed by a couple Intruders
    during the break-in flight (that area is next to an MOA-Military
    Operations Area).<br>
    Bob<br>
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:rct2bnc@aol.com";>rct2bnc@aol.com</a>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1133722374.2182058.1627875783671@mail.yahoo.com">
        sans-serif;">Bob,
          right go 6 miles and head back south on Hudson Ranch Rd
          through Pine Mountain Club and Frazer Park...winding, twisty,
          hairpins, etc. Just watch out for any fallen rocks that can
          shred a tire (or 2)...don't ask me how I know. This route
          drops you at I-5 at Lebec at the top of the Grapevine. One
          hell of a ride.</div>
            style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
              size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
              Santa Barbara County, Cuyama is Central California's
              cowboy valley of enchantment<br>
                into Ojai is like a 'mini <br>
href="https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Santa-Barbara-Central-California-Cuyama-SLO-cowboy-16341648.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight";
                  target="_blank" fg_scanned="1"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Santa-Barbara-Central-California-Cuyama-SLO-cowboy-16341648.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight
                </a><br>
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank"
                  fg_scanned="1" fg_rewritten="1"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
                  target="_blank" fg_scanned="1" fg_rewritten="1"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
                </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                  target="_blank" fg_scanned="1" fg_rewritten="1"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                  href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
                  moz-do-not-send="true">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                  target="_blank" fg_scanned="1" fg_rewritten="1"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rct2bnc@aol.com";
                  target="_blank" fg_scanned="1" fg_rewritten="1"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rct2bnc@aol.com</a><br>

--------------98ACB5243F67C4AC43B2DB13--

--===============0964200367981956084==