[Healeys] Clutch

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Clutch
From: Don via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 11:58:28 -0400
I just took on a project Healey to try and help out a Healey friend . Itâ??s a
65 1/2  BJ8 with 54,000 original miles , original owner . Hasnâ??t run or moved
for over 15 years. The motor turns over by hand . No battery yet . No rust ,
good interior, new top.  I had it flat bedded to my place . The wheels turn ,
but with a lot of resistance. She wants me to get it running for her. I opened
up the brake/clutch reservoir and it was bone dry . I filled it up and I was
able to pump up and get a brake pedal. Iâ??m sure I will be completely
rebuilding the brake system. When I pushed the clutch pedal it wouldnâ??t move
. Not sure why . Any thoughts? Iâ??m sure Iâ??ll be rebuilding both the master
cylinder and just replacing the slave cylinder.
     Thanks , Right now more questions than answers .
       Don
        1967 BJ-8

Sent from my iPhone