Re: [Healeys] update--BJ8--puttering, backfiring and shutting down

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] update--BJ8--puttering, backfiring and shutting down
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 09:36:01 -0700

--------------1A8CCAC176686259A9CF1075

It even helped you find the /real/ problem ;)

On 10/10/2021 9:25 AM, Tom Felts via Healeys wrote:
> I've had excellent results with Pertronics, and this wasnt the fault of it.
> Thiscwas a wire from it contacting the rotor and rubbing the insulation off
> the wire, causing an intermittent short.  That Igniter has been in the car
> for years and never a failure

  <head>
  </head>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
cite="mid:1372658139.324713380.1633883147136.JavaMail.zimbra@windstream.net">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I've had excellent results with
Pertronics, and this wasnt the fault of it.  Thiscwas a wire from it contacting
the rotor and rubbing the insulation off the wire, causing an intermittent
short.  That Igniter has been in the car for years and never a failure

I've had two ignitor failures; one the magnet support unglued and they
all fell out; dead stop; two a constant miss, one magnet was reversed.
But generally they have been quite reliable.

John
Hightown, VA

        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Thanks for reporting, Tom. When I
read you suspected the Pertronix I
thought: "This is the first I've heard of an Ignitor becoming
intermittent (I'd always heard they failed outright."

          <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">After 3 days of intense
[...]

</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">