[Healeys] Correct Windscreen Wiper Components

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Correct Windscreen Wiper Components
From: Michael MacLean via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 15:48:03 -0700

--000000000000d8b77005df8d6662

OK, the problem is solved for the correct length of tubing that runs from
the wiper motor to the first wheel box.  I had an incorrect wheel box setup
connected to the correct motor for my BN2.  It seems the rack and wheel box
assembly for a BN1 is different in dimensions from the wiper motor to the
first wheel box than it is for the BN2.  The BN2 distance is longer. So,
that problem is solved.  But, solving one problem produces another.  Now
the spiral wound wire that drives the two wheel boxes is too short!  I have
sent to Moss for a replacement.  Moss is smart enough to provide the drive
wire longer than needed so it can be cut to the correct length.  Nothing is
simple on this car.  It doesn't help hat I started with a rolling frame and
a couple of shrouds.  I have had to gather all the parts, drive train, etc
from everywhere.  Most parts between the BN1 and BN2 are interchangeable,
but apparently some are not.  It's been quite an education.
Mike MacLean

--000000000000d8b77005df8d6662

g that runs from the wiper motor to the first wheel box.=C2=A0 I had an inc=
orrect wheel box setup connected to the correct motor for my BN2.=C2=A0 It =
seems the rack and wheel box assembly for a BN1 is different in dimensions =
from the wiper motor to the first wheel box than it is for the BN2.=C2=A0 T=
he BN2 distance is longer. So, that problem is solved.=C2=A0 But, solving o=
ne problem produces another.=C2=A0 Now the spiral wound wire that drives th=
e two wheel boxes is too short!=C2=A0 I have sent to Moss for a replacement=
.=C2=A0 Moss is smart enough to provide the drive wire longer than needed s=
o it can be cut to the correct length.=C2=A0 Nothing is simple on this car.=
=C2=A0 It doesn&#39;t help hat I started with a rolling frame and a couple =
of shrouds.=C2=A0 I have had to gather all the parts, drive train, etc from=
 everywhere.=C2=A0 Most parts between the BN1 and BN2 are interchangeable, =
but apparently some are not.=C2=A0 It&#39;s been quite an education.=C2=A0<=
div dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div></div>

--000000000000d8b77005df8d6662--

--===============5952170503989730384==