[Healeys] Exhaust systems

To: healey Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Exhaust systems
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:36:11 -0400
I bought an entire new stainless system for my BJ8 last spring.
I was determined to start with all new parts after some frustration with my old
system.
Since installing the new system,Iâ??ve been struggling with leaks somewhere in
front of the two main muffler/silencersâ?¦assuming of course that it was the
connections there.
Today I decided to stop assuming and found that the welds on the down pipes to
the flex pipe were leaking quite noticeablyâ?¦imagine my chagrin!
I could actually hear it.
Iâ??ve fired off an email to the supplier, so Iâ??ll let you know who they are
when Iâ??ve received a reply and heard what they have to say.

All this is to say; it shouldn't be necessary, but if anyone is ordering a new
exhaust system, I would quiz them about how carefully the welds are checkedâ?¦I
mean it has to be gas tight or why bother?!

Iâ??ll keep you posted.

Stephen BJ8