Re: [Healeys] gas pedal adjustment

To: Richard Antal <rantal243@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] gas pedal adjustment
From: Alan Seigrist via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 10:07:31 +0800
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000fd26d905e7a83163

The workshop manual has guidance how the throttle levers are to be set up.
General rule of thumb is you want to have each throttle lever to start the
throw at one angle and end the throw at the same and opposite angle.  this
will give you maximum throw and power.  also the plastic and rubber
bushings need to be sorted, and cross rod tightened up as much as possible

On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 at 3:43 AM, Richard Antal via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> The gas pedal on my BJ8 has to travel about 1 1/2 inches before the engine
> responds with increased rpms. Is there some way of adjusting it so that the
> engine responds instantly to depressing the pedal? Thanks for any
> suggestions.
>
> rich antal
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--000000000000fd26d905e7a83163

are to be set up.=C2=A0 General rule of thumb is you want to have each thro=
ttle lever to start the throw at one angle and end the throw at the same an=
d opposite angle. =C2=A0this will give you maximum throw and power. =C2=A0a=
lso the plastic and rubber bushings need to be sorted, and cross rod tighte=
div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 at 3:43 AM, Richard=
 Antal via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@au=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><d=
iv style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size=
:13px"><div dir=3D"ltr">The gas pedal on my BJ8 has to travel about 1 1/2 i=
nches before the engine responds with increased rpms. Is there some way of =
adjusting it so that the engine responds instantly to depressing the pedal?=
_______<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
eam.net</a><br>
s/healey.nut@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com</a><br>