Hall of Fame thoughts

To: <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hall of Fame thoughts
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:14:59 -0600
I talked to Mike Cook today and kinda explained where we were and what we
were doing on this list..also about the possibilities of this Hall of Fame
thing for a Land Speed Racer... There is already a dry lakes hall of fame..
it just doesn't have this kind of International recognition...

The jest of what was said was that of course Al would be a great choice...
and most folks number one choice... but that we might want to look at all
the folks available and what their individual contributions to the sport
have been...

As you could see based on yesterdays post there are several members of the
IMHOF that are members of the two hundred mph club at Bonneville.... Donald
Healey, Stirling Moss, Mickey Thompson, Sir Malcom Campbell, Don Gartlits?
and so on.... but each of these folks have made a name for themselves
outside of the Salt Flats arena...

My thoughts Like John Becketts are that there are several more that at
least deserve our attention prior to jumping on any band wagon so to speak.

It takes lots of time to do this ... With Donald Healey the Healey club
spent untold numbers of hours and tons of money putting together a whole
portfolio for him and sending it to the voting members prior to
consideration... but we were successful on the end of the day

Keith Turk BN2, AN5, AN9, Bonneville Camero LSR