Re: Strange Noises

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Noises
From: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@ivic.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:12:52 -0800
>What kind
of engine was it?  I'd like to hear more about that car.

Oh my.  Now you're making me remember.  It was the car and engine my
husband made SCTA #1 with.  A Ford EXP  OR a Mercury LN7 if you
changed the back window/door.  Therefore it fit into just about every
class they had, coupe, sedan, competition coupe, Grand Touring.  The
engine was a Rally Sport engine with double overhead cam 87 cu.in..
They called it "The Car of All Classes" and changed the rules the next
years so no one else could do that.   The fastest I ran it was 156 MPH
at El Mirage on nitros.

Wendy Jeffries, salt@ivic.net
BRN