Re: Streamliners

To: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>, <V4GR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Streamliners
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:17:20 -0800
WOW.... cool Jim.... what is a Neophyte to say.... good points all... I
bought my business from a fellow who started a Fiberglass camper top
company... we have lots of technology down here to do Fiberglass work....
They have offered to do anything I can bring them in Model or Buck form....
all chopper gun stuff.. kinda nice when you have that Kind of access.... I
still built the current hood scoop out of Sheet Metal.... as it was a
medium that I am familiar with... (a term I would use Loosely) and it only
took a day.... (which is obvious to even the most casual observer)

The Real Deal is that Next weekend I am going Racing with this ole Camaro..
and expect to have a ton of fun after a long winters work....

I run in C Gas Altered right now with the current motor and last outing we
ran 146.819 on a 153 mph record.... I am hopeful we will get a little
closer to the Record here on the East Coast.... If I know nothing else I
know I will learn a ton about this whole LSR deal... and be that one step
closer to my first outing on the Salt... Keith...

----------
> From: Jim Bickford <jbickford@volcano.net>
> To: V4GR@aol.com; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Streamliners
> Date: Saturday, March 20, 1999 3:08 PM
>
> Jack's fiberglass bodies are some of the best I have seen. I wish I
> could do glass as easily as he makes it
> look. Jack goes very fast with them.
>
> Two of the best are Al Teague's and Vesco-Nish's. Both being the result
of
> many years of evolution and experience. Both other than vertical
stabilizers
> don't have any ground effect devices.Both cars
> go fast without the most powerful engines in their respective classes.
>
> A streamliner must be built to:
>
> Survive a crash at speed: You don't need to expend energy like an Indy
Car