Bonneville Salt Flats Conditions

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net land-speed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Bonneville Salt Flats Conditions
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:45:51 -0600
I notice Dan Wright has given you a report from Rick Vesco on salt
conditions.  I spoke with another racer who had been out on Silver Mountain,
west of Floating Mountain, and he reported that there was a new, one-half
inch thick, hard crust on the salt that far north.  Twenty three years of
work by Rick Vesco and Save the Salt have started the comeback but we need
to be sure this pumping is an ongoing thing, not for just another three
years.  Dan has saltflats.com. set up so you can get the weather from
Wendover and even intermittant video from the camera out there.  No bull
weather reports on your computer!
Wes Potter ... wes@saltflats.com