Record Certificate

To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>,
Subject: Record Certificate
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:28:48 -0400 (EDT)

--- John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
wrote:
> John
I was just reading through the mail (E) this
morning and followed the prompts to Team Amo.
They had a deal to click on so you could view
their record certificate.  Have you thought about
issuing certificates for ECTA?  This would be a
great momento for competing and setting a record.
 Even a certificate just for competing would be
great.  (Blue border for a record run, gray
border for just competing?)  After all, anybody
who goes through the time and effort to run a car
at an LSR event needs something for their effort.
 Right now, all I've got is a photo collage with
my timing card and a copy of the record out of L.
Mayfield's site.  I made up a display in a frame
to put on my wall (along with a small piece of
broken fibreglass wing that was the only part of
my stolen wing that the Laurinberg police found
in the parking lot at the motel.) Anyway, this
ECTA memory collage is hanging there with two
rows of my "competed at Daytona" certificates.
It would be so nice to have an ECTA certificate,
and the cost would be very minimal.  You can even
buy blank certificates at Staples for a few bucks
a box, then print them up on a home computer if
the cost of having a print shop make custom
certificates is too high.  All you guys that have
been lucky enough to compete on the salt may not
need that little "recognition" but there are a
lot of us just starting out, and running at
Maxton has been the pinnacle of our LSR career.
Just a thought.
Dick J